Sitec has a requirement for an Electrical Technician for our client based in Stevenage. This is a contract position for an estimated 6 months and the max rate of pay will be up to £20.00 p/hr LTD Company.
Our client is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. A role has arisen for a Satellite Technician working on our clients prime satellite platform that will land on Mars or explore the sun's realm.
MAIN ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To perform electrical / mechanical integration activities:
* Highly competent at wiring activities, manufacture and integration of flight harness and test harness (crimping, soldering, looming, routing and repairs)
* Quality control inspections
* Excellent engineering hand skills
* Use of basic hand tools (torque tools, screwdrivers, spanners, measurement tools and etc.).
* Test instrumentation integration (thermocouples, heater circuits and accelerometers)
* Prepare, apply, handle and dispose of chemical and hazardous substances in accordance with COSHH requirements
* Ensuring workspace is kept clean and tidy in accordance with 5S policy
* Following tool control procedures
* Active participation in Continuous Improvement activities
* Ensuring correct completion of build paperwork for all activities you have performed
* Interpreting technical documentation (schematical drawings, wiring diagrams, 2D and 3D General Assembly Drawings, technical notes and integration procedures)
* 3D model navigation
* Support movement and lifting operations using overhead crane and other MGSE (Mechanical Ground Support Equipment).
Shift work and weekend work may be required in line with project demand.
You may be required to travel to other UK and International sites at short notice. Please identify on submission if this is not an option for you.
* HNC or HND in an engineering production or maintenance field
Or / and
* Apprenticeship in Aerospace/Space or other high quality production or maintenance field
* Assembly experience of the following in high quality manufacturing area:
* ESA, aerospace or other high quality wiring experience ( flight and test harness manufacture, check out and installation )
* Harness securing methods
* Installation and removal coaxial cables / DC harnesses
* Detailed assembly and integration (equipment and processes similar to, or to the standard required for aerospace industry).
* High level of engineering hand skill
* Strong, demonstrable experience of using hand tools
* Tool control
* Technical documentation
* Handling and use of chemicals and hazardous substances
* Proven experience in a similar role
* Inspection of critical electronic/electrical/electro-mechanical hardware
* Previous experience of space/aerospace inspection and test activities
* Consistent experience in a similar role
* Previous experience of working in a cleanroom environment
* Experience carrying out structural activities
* MLI (Multi-Layered Insulation) blanket installation and tailoring experience
* Knowledge on RF systems
* Must be able to work at height and in a restricted space
All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance to a minimum of BPSS level.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.