Sitec are currently looking to recruit an Electrical Supervisor for a nuclear MoD establishment near Reading. The post is an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this position.
The role exists in order to develop and implement site mechanical arrangements across all aspects of site activities (e.g. Installation, Commissioning, Operations) in support of the overall project lifecycle.
The Electrical Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that activities (e.g. audits) are undertaken to supervise electrical installation/maintenance activities for the project, establish the implementation status of the above arrangements and the reporting of such information.
The Site Electrical Supervisor will also undertake specific activities on behalf of the Electrical function as required.
Key Result Areas:
- Minimum ONC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering preferred or approved apprenticeship (or equivalent City & Guilds)
- IET wiring Regulations BS7671 (IEE 17th Edition) trained (18th Edition desirable)
- Interpret and implement the current requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations and IEE Regulations (BS7671)
- IOSH Managing Safely
- CSCS Card in appropriate discipline
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Course (SSTSC)
- NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Construction Site Supervision
- 10 years Electrical experience, preferably 5 of which as Foreman/Supervisor, and 3 of these on site, -covering Installation/Maintenance topics
- Site Installation/Maintenance experience (preferred) in Nuclear Industry/Power Generation
- Interpret and work to Electrical Diagrams and Cable Cards
- Experience of working in a highly regulated industry
- Liaison between Designers, Engineers, General Forman and Point of Work
between Designers, Engineers and Point of Work
- Supervise build only 'to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations
- Knowledge of Control & Instrumentation an advantage
- At all times set a personal example for employees to follow in the observance of Health and Safety requirements
- Clear, concise, fluent, oral, written and presentational communicator
- Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments
- Ensure that suitable Risk Assessments (including Point of Work Risk Assessments) have been undertaken, prior to commencement of work, in accordance with the
requirements of the appropriate, specific Health, Safety and Environmental and Welfare Plan (HSEW Plan)
- Deliver Pre and Post Job Briefs and Post Job De-Briefs
- Set to Work the Technicians under your control
- Understanding of QC1 build
Roles & Responsibilities:
To ensure that work is undertaken within in accordance with the safe system of work, ensuring work is effectively controlled and co-ordinated to minimise delays and costs in meeting construction programme dates.
The Supervisor will:
- Be fully conversant with the Company's Health and Safety Policy and understand the responsibilities placed upon them.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.