Sitec (a Belcan Company) are seeking Electrical Engineer s for two Site Engineer positions at our client's premises.
These are Contract role based in Dungeness, Kent with an estimated duration of 12 months
Qualifications Degree, HNC or equivalent in relevant Engineering discipline but will accept apprenticeship with justified experience.
Experience 2-5 years site installation and maintenance within Nuclear, Power Generation or Oil and Gas Industries. (10 years for personnel holding an apprenticeship or equivalent).
Responsibility of the Site Engineer (minimum qualifications as 4.10)
The Site Engineer will:
- Report to the Client's Outage Manager and, if required to do so in his absence, deputise for him.
- In conjunction with the Outage Manager, allocate labour and resources on the site works in a manner consistent with the programme for the works.
- Produce input into the Outage Manager daily report and nightshift log.
- Attend site meetings, as instructed by the Outage Manager.
- Ensure that sufficient and suitable records of progress on his area of the site works, including that of subcontractors, are produced and submitted to the Outage Manager in a timely manner.
- Allocate labour and resources on his area of the site works in a manner consistent with the programme for the works. This will be done in cooperation with the other Site Engineers.
- Assist the Outage Manager, to assess the capabilities and training needs of personnel.
- Produce forecasts of resource and labour requirements to satisfy the needs of the project programme for his area of work.
- Direct the timely production and maintenance of site documentation. This should include but not be restricted to, Work Order Cards (WOC); Maintenance Instructions; Construction Quality Plans, Lifting Plans; Risk & Manual Handling Assessments.
- Review and understand the quality requirements applicable to each task he/she is responsible for and where necessary, carry out accurate measuring and testing in conjunction with, and as authorised to do so, by the Site Quality Engineer.
- Ensure compliance with Quality documentation, ensuring hold points and witness points are adhered to at all times during all site operations.
- Record any problems encountered during the site works and notify the Outage Manager of the details at the earliest opportunity.
- Record any variations in the scope of works to the Site Manager in a timely manner in accordance with the Quality System (i.e. Site Variation; NCR; TCR etc.)
- Ensure compliance by staff and subcontractors with the requirements of the Client's Project Safety Plan, the Site HSEW Plan, and associated documents and legislation.
- Keep auditable daily records of work carried out by self and those under the supervision of the Site Engineer.
- Contribute to the preparation of programmes, budgets and to operate within these restraints.
- Establish the need for 'in-service' training relevant to the Site Engineer's appointed task and projected career path (including staff under the Site Engineer's control) and to advise management accordingly.
- Promote good communications within the section and between the section, site management and HQ in general.
- Comply with the rules and regulations, permit system and safety requirements in force on the site specific and to promote these disciplines within the section.
- Become conversant with aspects of man management, industrial relations, national agreements etc.
- To stand in for another Site Engineer in the event of absence due to holiday, sickness etc.
- Perform other duties as considered appropriate by the Outage Manager that lie within the capabilities and experience of the Site Engineer.
These duties are project specific and in addition to those described in the Company and project procedures. He / She shall ensure that they are familiar with these documents and any legislation to which they refer. The Engineer may be assisted in the execution of these duties by a team of supervisory staff for whom he will be responsible.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.