Sitec are currently looking to recruit an Electrical Maintenance Technician for a nuclear MoD establishment near Reading. The post is an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this position.
Our Client require an experienced Electrical Maintenance Technician to work on their customers premises site undertaking planned / reactive maintenance and installation activities on the their projects.
This role will require the use of RPE so the candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment medical and routine D&A testing.
The role requires minimum SC clearance for site access and the chosen candidate must be willing to undergo DV clearance.
- Recent site Electrical Maintenance / Installation experience (preferred) in Nuclear Industry/Power Generation.
The Technician will: -
- Report to the WSO for all matters relating to quality and safety.
- Comply with all the Companies operating procedures pertaining to the project.
- Undertake all work as instructed by the WSO to the requirements of the task documentation, with due care to minimise the potential for inadvertent disturbance to plant or equipment.
- Comply with all rules, regulations; permit system and safety requirements in force for this project and to promote these disciplines within his/her areas of responsibility.
- Record any emergent problems encountered during the project, and report the details to the WSO at the earliest opportunity.
- Adopt at all times the S*T*A*R*T* principle. Stop, Think, Act, Review, Tell whilst engaged on all types of works on site.
- Perform shift-monitoring checks such as physical plant walk about.
- Perform tasks after appropriate training at the direction of supervision.
- Attend weekly toolbox talks on matters of safety and company policy.
- As and when required participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk
- Assessments on a daily basis. Contribute to the Company Procedures.
- Assist as required with maintenance activities in line with the maintenance programme and maintenance instructions
- Operate Cutting, Lifting (hoists, cranes etc), and hand held equipment as required.
- Wear PPE appropriate to the task and ensure that PPE is in good condition.
- Perform any tasks involving the use/wearing of RPE, following the appropriate training.
- Maintain housekeeping standards before, during and after any operational/maintenance activities, clean up spillage's etc.
- Ensure that portable equipment has been suitably tested.
- Time served Apprenticeship or Recognised Training Scheme
- City & Guilds (or equivalent) electrical qualifications, including IEE Wiring Regulations 17/18th Edition.
- City & Guilds 2391 qualification, Inspection, Testing and Verification.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.