Sitec, a Belcan Company, have requirements for:
- Electrical fitters for Warships.
- Electrical Fitters for the Central Frequency Change Station (CFCS)
These are contract roles based at our Client's site in Devonport Dockyard, Plymouth.
At Devonport Royal Dock Yard, you can expect to work on some of the most exciting and prestigious marine projects in the world. You will experience at the largest naval base in Western Europe. Its 650 acres, 15 dry docks and four miles of waterfront are impressive.
Applicants must hold at least one of the following:-
- Indentured Apprenticeship
- Modern Apprenticeship in a relevant Electrical discipline
- Engineering qualification(s) relevant to the role
Tasks will include (but not limited to):
- Electrical Fitters, Warships
- Undertake the installation, repair, maintenance and manufacture of electrical systems as required on ships/submarine/land based systems in the marine defence and commercial industry.
- Read drawings, interpret work instructions and perform the work to time, cost and quality.
- Ability to overhaul and install a variety of electrical equipment in control, distribution and control systems covering areas such as weapons, navigation, sensors and communications systems.
- Installation and connection of cabling.
- Set to work by the use of test equipment.
- Carry out functional tests and surveys.
- Competent to use general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role of electrical fitter.
- Cleaning up of own work
- Slinging duties as required.
- Any other task within the individual's competence as directed by the company.
- Initially 3 months but expected to be rolling contracts
2. Electrical Fitters, Central Frequency Change Station (CFCS)
Successful candidate will be working in the Central Frequency Change station.
- 18th Edition required.
- High Voltage experience required.
- Initially 6 months but expected to be rolling contracts
For both roles Candidates Must have a background that will allow UK Security clearance to be obtained
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.