Sitec a Belcan Company are recruiting Electrical Fitters for our client in Plymouth Devon. These are long term contract roles for time served and qualified to Level 3 (NVQ, City & Guilds, BTEC etc) Electrical Fitters.
You will be required to undertake the installation, repair, maintenance and manufacture of electrical systems as required on Warships, Frigates, Submarine / land based systems in the marine defence and commercial industry.
At Devonport Royal Dockyard you can expect to work on some of the most exciting and prestigious marine projects in the world. You will work at the largest naval base in Western Europe. Its 650 acres, 15 dry docks and four miles of waterfront are impressive.
You will carry out the following tasks (for example, but not limited to):
* Read engineering drawings, interpret work instructions and perform the work to time, cost and quality.
* Ability to overhaul and install a variety of electrical equipment in control, distribution and control systems covering areas such as weapons, navigation, sensors and communications systems.
* Installation and connection of cabling.
* Set to work by the use of test equipment.
* Carry out functional tests and surveys.
* Competent to use general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role of electrical fitter.
* Cleaning up of own work arisings.
* Slinging duties as required.
* Any other task within the individual's competence as directed by the company.
Your background should allow you to undergo Security Clearance
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.