Sitec (a Belcan Company) have requirements for Electrical fitters to work on on either:-
- Central Frequency Change Station (CFCS)
- Temporary lights.
These are contract roles based at our Client's site in Devonport Dockyard, Plymouth. This is a contract role with an estimated duration of 6 months initially.
Must hold at least one of the following:-
- Indentured Apprenticeship
- Modern Apprenticeship
You will also need Engineering qualification(s) to Level 3, (e.g. NVQ, City and Guilds BTEC. etc)
At Devonport Royal Dockyard you can expect to work on some of the most exciting and prestigious marine projects in the world. You will experience at the largest naval base in Western Europe. Its 650 acres, 15 dry docks and four miles of waterfront are impressive.
Your tasks will include but not limited to:
- Undertake the installation, repair, maintenance and manufacture of electrical systems as required on ships/submarine/land based systems in the marine defence and commercial industry.
For the Tempoary Lights role you will be:-
- Expected to install, maintain and test electrical installations, domestic, commercial and industrial.
- Carry out responsive and preventative maintenance.
- Carry out EICR's and all associated remedial works.
- Carry out fault finding.
- Experience working on and testing switchboards and power pillars.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Good knowledge of various test equipment.
- Knowledge of 3 phase systems is desirable.
- Testing and inspection qualifications are desirable.
- Applicant must hold a minimum of City and Guilds Level 3 and 18th Edition BS7671.
For CFCS role:
Successful candidates will be working in the Central Frequency Change station. 18th Edition required. High Voltage experience required.
For the Crane roles:
Undertake installation, repair and maintenance on Cranes including :-
- Capable at working at heights using designated safety equipment.
- Willing to work in radiological areas.
- Competent to work on mechanical equipment and systems in the marine defence and commercial industry.
- Read drawings, interpret work instructions and perform the work to time, cost and quality.
- To be able to carry out surveys and pre-refit examinations of equipment, machinery and structures / fittings.
- Set to work by the use of test equipment.
- Carry out functional testing.
- Competent to use general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role of mechanical fitter.
- Cleaning up of workings ongoing and on completion of tasks
- Slinging duties as required.
- Any other task within the individual's competence as directed by the Company.
All roles require a background that will allow UK Security clearance to be obtained
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.