Sitec Recruitment are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval / Marine Engineering and Support Industry and are seeking several Electrical Fitters working on Submarines. You will be based on Devonport Dockyard Plymouth on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months initially.
Candidates must have served a recognised Apprenticeship and have an appropriate engineering qualification.
- Undertake the installation, repair, maintenance and manufacture of electrical systems as required on submarine systems in the marine defence and commercial industry.
- Read drawings, interpret work instructions and perform the work to time, cost and quality.
- Ability to overhaul and install a variety of electrical equipment in control, distribution and control systems covering areas such as weapons, navigation, sensors and communications systems.
- Installation and connection of cabling.
- Set to work by the use of test equipment.
- Carry out functional tests and surveys.
- Competent to use general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role of electrical fitter.
- Cleaning up of own work arisings.
- Slinging duties as required.
- Any other task within the individual's competence as directed by the company.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.