Sitec Recruitment are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval/Marine Engineering and Support Industry and are seeking an Electrical Fitter (Submarines) to be based on Devonport Dockyard Plymouth on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months initially.
Role of the Electrical Fitter (Submarines).
* Undertake the installation, repair, maintenance and manufacture of electrical systems as required on submarines.
* Read drawings, interpret work instructions and perform the work to time, cost and quality.
* Ability to overhaul and install a variety of electrical equipment in control, distribution and control systems covering areas such as weapons, navigation, sensors and communications systems.
*I nstallation and connection of cabling.
* Set to work by the use of test equipment.
* Carry out functional tests and surveys.
* Competent to use general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role of electrical fitter.
* Cleaning up of own work arisings.
* Slinging duties as required.
* Any other task within the individual's competence as directed by the company.
Candidates will be required to hold UK security clearance to SC level prior to appointment.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.