Sitec Recruitment are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval/Marine Engineering and Support Industry and are seeking several Electrical Fitters to be based on Devonport Dockyard Plymouth on a contract basis for an estimated 3 months initially.
Candidates required to have 17th edition ,Level 3 electrical certification and City and Guilds 2391
Role of the Electrical Fitter:
* To undertake the installation, repair, maintenance and manufacture of electrical systems as required on ships/submarine/land based systems in the marine defence and commercial industry.
* Read drawings, interpret work instructions and perform the work to time, cost and quality.
* Ability to overhaul and install a variety of electrical equipment in control, distribution and control systems covering areas such as weapons, navigation, sensors and communications systems.
* Installation and connection of cabling.
* Set to work by the use of test equipment.
* Carry out functional tests and surveys.
* Competent to use general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role of electrical fitter.
* Cleaning up of own work arisings.
* Slinging duties as required.
* Any other task within the individual's competence as directed by the company.
Candidates must have a background to obtain UK security clearance to Baseline level.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.