Sitec a Belcan Company have a requirement for an Electrical fitter (Cranes). This is a contract role based at our Client's site in Devonport Dockyard, Plymouth. This is a contract role with an estimated duration of 6 months initially.
Must hold at least one of the following:-
- Indentured Apprenticeship
- Modern Apprenticeship in a sheet metal, structural steel or fabrication related discipline
- Engineering qualification(s) relevant to the role
At Devonport Royal Dockyard you can expect to work on some of the most exciting and prestigious marine projects in the world. You will experience at the largest naval base in Western Europe. Its 650 acres, 15 dry docks and four miles of waterfront are impressive.
Your tasks will include but not limited to:
- Undertake the installation, repair, maintenance and manufacture of electrical systems as required on ships/submarine/land based systems in the marine defence and commercial industry.
- Read drawings, interpret work instructions and perform the work to time, cost and quality.
- Ability to overhaul and install a variety of electrical equipment in control, distribution and control systems covering areas such as weapons, navigation, sensors and communications systems.
- Installation and connection of cabling.
- Set to work by the use of test equipment.
- Carry out functional tests and surveys.
- Competent to use general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role of electrical fitter.
- Cleaning up of workings ongoing and on completion of tasks.
- Slinging duties as required.
- Any other task within the individual's competence as directed by the company.
Must have a background that will allow UK Security clearance to be obtained
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.