Sitec are currently looking to recruit Electrical Engineers (inc Design - Building Services) for a private nuclear MoD establishment in Reading, This is a permanent position paying a competitive salary including benefits (generous holiday entitlement, nine day working fortnight, workplace pension scheme and additional flexible benefits scheme).
The Electrical Engineer will be part of a multi discipline service delivery function, and will be responsible for providing engineering design and technical support for electrical installations, electrical plant and associated systems (eg Building Electrical Installations, HVAC, compressors, UPS, Generators, Lighting design etc). Some of the work associated with the role will be carried out in safety critical environments, and therefore previous knowledge of working in these conditions would be advantageous.
Working for one of the area's largest employers and enjoying an excellent work/life balance, our engineers gain experience on a wide variety of equipment and projects and are able to make a direct and visible contribution to the successful running of the business.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to)
* Undertaking activities as part of a multi-disciplined engineering team working across a range of plant, facilities and systems within the sites
* Identify technical issues, evaluate options and provide solutions, seeing through to satisfactory conclusion
* Produce Design proposals, technical reports and engineering drawings demonstrating how proposed solutions meet their goals
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Previous experience of electrical installation design and building services installations
* Knowledge of engineering principles and best practices - eg standards and legislation pertinent to the activity being undertaken
* Computer literate, with knowledge of industry standard packages such as CAD, Amtech etc.
* Knowledge of working in a safety critical or highly regulated environment would be advantageous
* HNC/HND or Degree in a relevant engineering discipline
* Familiarity with the application of the IET wiring regulations
* Professional registration with relevant professional body
* Willing and able to maintain the appropriate security clearance
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.