Sitec have an interesting requirement for Electrical Engineers and Technicians for a long-term Contract position based at Culham Science Centre in Oxfordshire. The rate will be dependent on experience. Ideally the client would like candidates to start in January 2019, and they must have a background that would allow UK baseline Security clearance to be obtained.
The Electrical Engineering Department presently provides Megawatt pulsed power to the JET and MAST-U Tokamaks, including the magnet power supplies, neutral beam power supplies and HV distribution. The Department operates, maintains and undertakes both new build and refurbishment projects in these areas. We have a requirement for up to four experienced technicians or engineers to join the team testing and commission the pulsed power supplies for the MAST-U Tokamak.
Specific Requirements: -
* Support the test and commission of the control and instrumentation interfaces to the pulsed power conversion plant. The interfaces are a variety of technologies including analogue and digital hardware signals, multi-signal digital communications, fibre optics and Ethernet.
* Support testing of the plant protection systems.
* Operate test and measurement equipment to facilitate these tests; including oscilloscopes, function generators, pulse generators and multi-meters.
* Undertake functional testing and commissioning of ELV and LV control systems for plant such as motorised switchgear.
* Support the Department's engineers and technicians working in high hazard environments such as High Voltage areas. Sometimes acting as an essential second person for safe working in such environments.
* Witness plant activities to confirm that the behaviour is as expected and report back to the lead commissioning engineer for the specific activity.
* Apply technical skills to aid fault finding related to power conversion and the associated control and instrumentation.
* Work in strict accordance with safety and plant documentation, for example: risk assessments, method statements, reports, testing and commissioning procedures and operating instructions.
Qualifications and Experience:
* A minimum of an HNC / HND (or equivalent) in Electrical or Electronics, or a related discipline.
* A wide experience and knowledge of different types of control and instrumentation interfaces is essential.
* Essential to have significant practical hands-on experience in the test, commissioning and fault-finding on large (~MW) electrical plant systems and ELV/LV control systems, with a high degree of control and instrumentation interfaces.
* Practical hands-on experience of using test and instrumentation equipment is essential.
* Experience of working in strict accordance with safety and plant documentation; including written safe systems of work and commissioning procedures.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.