Sitec are recruiting for Electrical Engineer for our client based in Leicester, this is a contract position for an estimated 6 months initially.
Electrical Engineer Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create/oversee the generation of Electrical design and installation drawings as follows:
- Equipment arrangement drawings and part lists.
- Block interface drawings, end connection drawings, cable schedules, electrical power and distribution drawings.
- Generation of Electrical design control panel drawings as follows:
- Equipment arrangement drawings and bill of materials.
- Electrical Schematics and terminal arrangements.
- Assist with control panel CE marking, O&M manuals and technical records register.
- Create/oversee the development of the system designed based on selected concept/scheme drawings with increased level of detail taking into account 3rd party interfaces, operational impacts, homogeneous systems, safety systems, system architecture and equipment processes.
- Create/oversee the generation of system drawings at feasibility, concept and scheme design stages.
- Generation of technical specifications, installation specifications reports and calculations.
- Create/oversee the preparation of phasing drawings indicating the sequence of installation.
- Site surveys in support to the above activities.
- Site support during installation and commissioning phases, office or site, day or night.
- Testing and commissioning at the customers or sub-contractors site.
- Conduct Design Health and Safety assessments in compliance with applicable regulatory and statutory safety requirements.
- Liaison at all levels with customers and sub-contractors
- Justification of key engineering decisions such as equipment locations, cable routes, option analysis and equipment selection analysis
- To identify and co-ordinate the resolution of issues. In particular those associated with installation and phasing constraints such as the identification, development of a resolution strategy and implementation of enabling works.
- Monitor and report progress against the agreed programme.
- Provide "estimates to complete" (ETCs) for all remaining allocated activities.
- Identify to the Lead Engineer any variation to the agreed scope of work. Advise on cost and programme impact and gain approval before initiating the variation.
- Ensure that all related processes and procedures particularly with regards to the review and issue of engineering output are followed.
- Project close out, ensuring all "as built" drawings and test records are received from site.
- Ability to create O&M manuals, Health and Safety files necessary for final handover
Successful applicants for the Electrical Engineer role must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.