Sitec has a requirement for an Electrical Designer for our client based in Plymouth. This is a contract position for an initial 6 months, and the max rate of pay is up to £22.00 p/hr LTD Company.
Ideally our client is looking for an Electrical Designer with drawing office experience, ideally from a shipbuilding background/ naval background.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES/ PROJECT
* Providing design support in appropriate Engineering Discipline
* Executing duties in accordance with Company procedures for, training, health and safety, personnel, quality and project requirements.
* Preparing and checking design documentation as required.
* Supporting preparation of Design Reviews.
* Representing Group as directed by Supervisor.
* Delivering work to time, cost and quality.
* Providing professional engineering support to surface ship, submarine, commercial and equipment projects as directed by Supervisor.
* Should have the ability to perform system requirements capture, concept design and modelling.
* Should have the ability to interpret a design requirement into an achievable design solution.
* Assisting in the preparation of design estimates and schedules.
* Assisting in the preparation of Technical Reviews in support of tender responses requiring design input.
* Assisting in the technical aspects of selecting sub-contractors and/or suppliers.
* Liaising with Project to resolve Project issues.
* Liaising with Production to resolve manufacturing problems.
* Competency with AutoCAD
* Drawing design experience with an electrical background.
* Needs to have marine or shipbuilding experience.
* Qualification within an appropriate discipline.
* Demonstrable evidence of having worked in the field of the appropriate discipline design, analysis and technical management at an appropriate level.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Successful applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.