Sitec are currently recruiting for an Engineering company based in Leicester who Design and Manufacture Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV's) for use in various industries throughout the world and, are seeking an Electrical Design Engineer on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months initially.
The Electrical Design Engineer will be expected to:
Design and detail of all electrical aspects pertaining to self guided vehicles, including all associated disciplines.
Summary of responsibilities of the Electrical Design Engineer :
* Design and detail of vehicle electrical schematics to meet customer requirements.
* Design and detail of vehicle electrical harnessing to meet customer requirements.
* Specification of all electric aspects of the vehicle, including selection of components and calculations to prove suitability.
* Detail of vehicle debug sheets, outlining necessary testing requirements.
* Ensures all electrical design meets the designated CE norms,
* Detail of mechanical components as required thus assisting in mechanical release of components.
* The position includes liaison with purchasing, assembly and test.
* This position influences the vehicle build and test schedule and contributes to the costing process.
* Liaises with Design and Production manager on releasing schedules.
* Estimates hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
* Responsible for meeting planned design dates with respect to time frames.
* Responsible for meeting planned design dates with respect to hours charged. (EV).
* Interface and share knowledge with US based design department.
* Continually review techniques and technology to ensure design of vehicles utilizes latest changes to improve efficiency and performance.
* Assist in the identification and implementation of cost savings.
* Interprets specifications, drawings, and plans work load accordingly.
* Provide technical assistance to assembly department as required.
* Attend and contribute at design meetings.
* Raises ECN's processing information for purchasing, assembly and test.
* To meet ISO standards, works as an auditor on an as required basis.
* Other responsibilities and duties, as may be assigned.
Required skill levels of the Electrical Design Engineer:
* Engineering based background, with a minimum qualification of HNC in electrical engineering.
* AutoCad capability Essential.
* Pro Engineer Wildfire capability would be a distinct advantage but not essential.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.