Sitec are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company and are seeking an Electrical Design Engineer with previous Marine experience to be based in Plymouth on a contract basis for an estimated 8 months initially.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities of the Electrical Design Engineer:
* Analyse technical queries and provide a professional response to all customers.
* Prepare technical documentation for implementation of engineering projects.
* Conduct on-site visits.
* Provide assistance (within level of competence) to the Project Leads & Senior Designer / Technical Leads.
* Analyse technical queries and provide a professional response to all customers with respect to the Technical Publications.
* Undertake a structured review of Books of Reference (BRs) against all source information to identify areas of amendment.
* Undertake a structured review of Illustrated Parts Catalogues (IPCs) against all source information to identify areas of amendment.
* Undertake a structured review of other technical documentation and update with changes as required by the contract.
* Utilise various web applications, on-line databases and public domain internet services (ie Google search) as required by the contract to validate information. Errors found on SSMG managed databases are to be reported to the appropriate authority for correction.
* Liaise with internal and external Company sources for research into content of technical documentation and procedures.
* Attend meetings (both on-site and off-site) to review and advise on technical documentation.
Candidates for the Electrical Design Engineers role must be eligible to obtain UK security clearance and and due to the nature of the project hold a British Passport.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.