Sitec are currently recruiting for an EC&I Technician to work on our client; Cavendish Nuclear's projects at Whetstone near Blaby, Leicestershire. This is a contract position for an estimated 12 months initially.
Cavendish Nuclear, a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, is the UK's leading nuclear services company.
With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000, Cavendish are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and are located at offices and sites in the UK as well as internationally.
Cavendish people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and deliver across all aspects of the nuclear energy life-cycle, from design and build, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
Cavendish Nuclear put people first. A position with Cavendish is hugely rewarding and exciting; one that stretches and challenges individuals to be the best they can be. When joining Cavendish, you know that's exactly what you'll get.
When you join Cavendish Nuclear, you will have opportunities to work on projects that will have an impact on the future.
Role and responsibilities of the EC&I Technician:
- Report to the clients site Supervisor or Engineer for all matters relating to quality and safety.
- Install and maintain Low Voltage Plant/Equipment.
- Interpret and implement the current requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations and IEE Regulations (BS7671).
- Work in compliance with the requirements of the CSG Health and Safety Procedures.
- Perform work so as to avoid danger to themselves and to others that might be affected by their actions.
- Undertake isolation of electrical systems/equipment in line in particular Live Working Restrictions.
- Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage and specific problems through the Project Supervisor/Engineer before proceeding further.
- Refrain from interference with any safety equipment provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc).
- Build only to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations.
- Adopt at all times the S*T*A*R*T principle. Stop, Think, Act, Review, & Tell, whilst engaged on all types of works on site.
- Attend weekly Toolbox Talks relating to matters of safety and Company policy.
- Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments.
- Participate in the Pre and Post Job Briefs and Post Job De-Briefs.
The EC&I Technician may be assisted in the execution of these duties by a team of supervisory staff. The services of site establishment e.g. quality, safety, administration etc. will also be available of which full use should be made.
Successful applicants for the EC&I Technician role must be able to obtain a BPSS level of clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.