Sitec are currently recruiting for an EC&I Technician to work on our clients project at Whetstone near Blaby, Leicestershire. This is a contract position for an estimated 12 months initially.
Role and responsibilities of the EC&I Technician:
- Report to the clients site Supervisor or Engineer for all matters relating to quality and safety.
- Install and maintain Low Voltage Plant/Equipment.
- Interpret and implement the current requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations and IEE Regulations (BS7671).
- Work in compliance with the requirements of the CSG Health and Safety Procedures.
- Perform work so as to avoid danger to themselves and to others that might be affected by their actions.
- Undertake isolation of electrical systems/equipment in line in particular Live Working Restrictions.
- Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage and specific problems through the Project Supervisor/Engineer before proceeding further.
- Refrain from interference with any safety equipment provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc).
- Build only to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations.
- Adopt at all times the S*T*A*R*T principle. Stop, Think, Act, Review, & Tell, whilst engaged on all types of works on site.
- Attend weekly Toolbox Talks relating to matters of safety and Company policy.
- Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments.
- Participate in the Pre and Post Job Briefs and Post Job De-Briefs.
The EC&I Technician may be assisted in the execution of these duties by a team of supervisory staff. The services of site establishment e.g. quality, safety, administration etc. will also be available of which full use should be made.
Successful applicants for the EC&I Technician role must be able to obtain a BPSS level of clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.