Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit an EC&I / Electrical Technician for our client who is a leading supplier to the nuclear industry. The position is based on an MoD establishment near Reading and is an estimated 12 month contract, paying competitively on an hourly basis for a 40 hour week.
Successful applicants must hold current SC Clearance to apply as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this position.
We are looking for a proactive, dedicated and enthusiastic Engineer to join our growing team. The work scope entails providing Engineering support to site technicians undertaking installation / complex assembly of EC&I components in a Nuclear Class 1 facility. Individuals will need excellent interpersonal skills, to liaise with technicians, production and design engineers, project managers, management and are required to be conscientious, have an eye for detail and an ability to spot and report issues which may become future problems. Safety, quality and reliability are key elements in everything we do due to the nature of the equipment.
Qualifications, Role and Responsibilities:
- Electrical / Electronic Engineering HNC (or above)
- 5 years relevant experience in a Production / Assembly / Test environment
- Knowledge and experience of 'The 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations' (BS 7671:2018)
- IOSH Managing Safely (preferred)
- Experience of working in a Nuclear environment (preferred)
- Appointment as an Electrical Duty Holder (required)
- Appropriate Industry Competence Card - CSCS Card (required)
- All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications / passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
- Ability to read and interpret complex Engineering assembly and part drawings
- Produce, and maintain in a timely manner, the documentation required for their part of the works - This includes, but not limited to, Implementation Quality Plans, Method Statements, and Risk Assessments etc.
- Provide Electrical technical oversight to installation activities and act as Technical Point of Contact for Electrical Installation
- Utilise good spoken and written English skills to author reports
- Liaise as necessary with designers to ensure correct interpretation of their requirements and obtain authorisation for modifications as a consequence of conditions Liaise as necessary with designers to ensure correct interpretation of their requirements and obtain authorisation for modifications as a consequence of conditions
- Ensure work is co-ordinated to meet programmed dates
- Work with and provide support to construction colleagues, as well as within the Project Team
- Record any problems encountered during the works and notify management of the details at the earliest opportunity
- Work with the Project Team to identify potential problems and to contribute to the provision of solutions
- Ensure that Electrical Construction personnel comply with the requirements of procedures and where applicable project specific procedures and quality assurance programmes
- Keep auditable daily records of work undertaken by themselves and those under their control
These duties are project specific and in addition to those described in the Company and project manuals and procedures. They shall ensure that they are familiar with these documents, and any legislation to which they refer.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.