Sitec are currently recruiting for an EC&I Engineer for our client to be located at Heysham, the role will also require travel to other sites. This is a contract role for an estimated 4 months initially with the possibility to extend.
The EC&I Engineer will support the Engineer in Charge in delivering allocated project work from assignment to close out.
- Manage the delivery of Projects, Jobs and Tasks while working collaboratively with other Engineers, contractors and station personnel.
- Produce Work Order Cards, Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Quality plans, Construction Plans, Engineering Changes and other documentation required to deliver projects.
- Ensure work is planned according to station processes and relevant parties are aware of the project and their responsibilities to facilitate successful project delivery.
- Perform the duties of a Supervisor if required when work parties are in the field.
- Facilitate and chair meetings such as pre and post job briefs, setting to work meetings and project readiness reviews as required.
- Conduct safety walks on a monthly basis as a minimum and report safety concerns through the appropriate channels immediately whenever and wherever they are found.
- Promote quality at all times.
- Comply with Client's, Station, Fuel Route and Investment Delivery procedures.
- Apply internal and external standards and procedures to project activities.
- Ensure project work complies with the Stations Work Management Processes.
- Ensure documentation, including drawings and records are kept and tracked as appropriate and are closed out in full at the conclusion of projects.
- Attend suppliers to witness factory acceptance tests and other EDF sites to learn from experience as required for specific projects.
- Adhere to the safety rules at all times to maintain safety from the system and be willing to undergo training to obtain Nominated Competent Person and Nominated Supervisor roles.
- Perform walk-downs with contractors to scope out jobs and obtain quotes.
- Review and approve contractor documentation prior to them completing work on site.
- Act as a point of contact for specific fuel route projects.
Additionally this role involves working with a team of Graphite Core Inspection specialists who monitor the condition of the reactor core's at several nuclear power stations around the UK. This part of the role will involved supporting the maintenance, improvement and deployment of the equipment at the power stations and may involved short duration visits to other sites to support the programme.
Successful candidates for the EC&I Engineer role must meet eligibility requirements to obtain a CTC level of clearance .
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.