Sitec are looking to recruit an EC&I Designer for our client who are an leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of c£2.6 billion and which operates through six divisions of Construction & Infrastructure, Fit Out, Property Services, Partnership Housing, Urban Regeneration and Investments. The role is an estimated 6 month contract and based at our clients Salford Quays offices and is paying competitively up to £30.00 per hour.
To provide technical expertise and drafting skills at a specialist level to support EC&I activities associated with projects undertaken by the client.
Key Areas of Responsibility
* Production of the EC&I design drawings such as: Single Line Diagrams, Block Cable Diagrams, Termination Diagrams, Loop Diagrams, Network Architectures, Cable Routing Drawings, Electrical Wiring Diagrams, Motor Starter Diagrams, Panel Design etc., to comply with design standards and Client requirements.
* Production of the supporting EC&I design deliverables such as: Cable Schedules, Cable Tray Sizing, Cable Sizing, Cable Selection, Datasheets etc., to comply with design standards and Client requirements.
* Support EC&I Engineering team on assigned projects.
* Preparation of designs to satisfy Client and International / British Standards.
* Preparation of supporting calculations where applicable.
* Ensure compliance of own work and that of others with in-house Quality Assurance and Management system.
* Effectively report progress and take ownership for the timely delivery of assigned work packs to EC&I Lead.
* Coach and facilitate the development of the skill levels of other members of the EC&I design team and to assist with planning for the training of staff.
* Effect various other tasks and duties which may be allocated from time to time by the EC&I Lead.
* Extensive experience in large scale process projects from an EC&I perspective.
* Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD, with specific knowledge in the design of EC&I systems.
* Experience of the production of at least 4 of the following: Single Line Diagrams, Block Cable Diagrams, Termination Diagrams, Loop Diagrams, Network Architectures, Cable Routing Drawings, Electrical Wiring Diagrams, Motor Starter Diagrams, Panel Design.
* Experience of working on high value / complexity projects.
* Detailed knowledge of current UK technical design standards / publications and legislation requirements.
* Knowledge of different cable containment systems.
* Security clearance or ability to obtain
* Specific expertise in one or more of the following industries: food processing / primary pharmaceutical / secondary pharmaceutical / fine chemicals / nuclear industries.
* Experience of design of networked systems such as Profibus, Foundation Fieldbus, Ethernet, etc.
* Proficiency with MS Visio
* Proficiency with AutoCAD Electrical specific tools
* Proficiency with AMTECH
* Knowledge of BS7671 IET Wiring Regulations
* Knowledge of Low Voltage systems
* Knowledge of ATEX / DSEAR and hazardous area systems, i.e. intrinsically safe circuits
* Experience of carrying out Site Surveys
* Experience of Remote I/O Networks
* Experience with 3D Design
* Certified training in AutoCAD
* HNC in Engineering or Design Apprenticeship
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.