Sitec has a requirement for a Drivetrain Engineer for our client - Caterpillar - based in Wolverhampton. This is a contract positon for an estimated 12 months and the max rate of pay is to be between £28-£36 p/hr LTD Company
OVERVIEW - DRIVETRAIN ENGINEER
The Drive Train Systems team has engineering responsibility for all small drivetrain components with a focus on transmissions. To support the need to develop robust drive train design solutions for the future we require an experienced drive train engineer.
In this position, the Drivetrain Engineer will play a key role in the design and development, integration and validation of Continuously Variable Transmission design solutions. You will have the opportunity to address and resolve design issues, working with worldwide technical experts, to maintain quality/cost/velocity of ground up designs.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager you will be required to manage daily work and work with multiple organisations within the business. Technical design, development and test experience is required, and transmissions and/or drive-train component and system design is strongly preferred alongside some project lead experience. The role will include release and implementation of drawings through the appropriate engineering systems and working with suppliers.
* Mechanical Engineering Degree or comparable expertise through experience.
* Pro/Engineer (Creo 4) experience is required in addition to 5+ years of drive-train or driveline systems (rotating components) design and development experience.
* Experience of driveline/engine development, design (gears / shafts / bearings/ castings) integration, test and validation.
* Ability to self-direct but also work effectively in a diverse team environment.
* Ability to work within complex projects.
* Proven mechanical engineering competence in design and development with component/system level validation experience.
* CVT transmission experience.
* Off/On -Highway machine or vehicle experience.
* Detailed design including geometric tolerancing.
* Knowledge of the engineering to release processes.
* Certified 6Sigma Green Belt.
* New product introduction knowledge.
* Manufacture processes from development through to series production.
* Hydraulic system knowledge with the ability to design oil systems.
* NVH analysis experience would be advantageous.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.