Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Domain Architect (Digitisation) for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract initially and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
This role is specifically to work within the newly formed Digitisation Programme Team. The team are at initial requirements and design phase, and a key member of the Team will be the Domain Architect (DA).
The DA who will lead technical design; document the technical requirements; ensure technical solution options are fit for purpose; produce the required design documentation (high and low level); ensure technical capability fits in with the overall Company's technical roadmap; take ownership of technical risks and issues; help ensure successful technical delivery.
The DA will work alongside the Digitisation Programme Lead offering the technical ownership for the Programme.
The Domain Architect provides leadership as well as in-depth expertise in the design and implementation of Information Technology (IT) solutions in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Organisation's entire IT infrastructure including voice, data and control networks, servers, storage and data centres.
* Assessment of proposed solution architecture specifications and change requests to ensure alignment with defined technical strategy, architecture roadmap, standards and patterns
* Verification of delivered technical solutions against previously approved architecture specifications and change requests
* Assume the role of Lead Architect on many delivery projects:
o Assist business and technical analysts with the identification of business requirements
o Support the solution architects and the architectural design for IT infrastructure solutions
o Provide support to project managers for the creation of plans, timescales, costs and risks for the implementation of IT solutions
o Own and deliver the Design Control Plan and lead the technical design reviews
* Definition of technical strategy, architecture roadmap, standards and patterns to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organisation's IT infrastructure
* Work closely with the CTO and BRMs to:
o Understand the current and future business needs of the organisation and determine how these can be best supported by the IT infrastructure
o Identify and promote ideas for improvement in the organisation's current IT infrastructure
o Develop and maintain relationships with senior representatives from the organisation's strategic partners and key suppliers
* Maintain general awareness of developments in the IT infrastructure marketplace including vendor strategies and report on their potential impact on the organisation
* Lead technology selection and procurement processes including the development of business cases and cost estimates
* Participate in and support the operation of the IS Architecture Review Board
* Support and deliver high quality and timely output to the MOD customer when required
* Guide and support technical service managers and others on the creation of change requests related to the IT infrastructure
* Maintain awareness of industry methods and techniques for Enterprise and Technical Architecture and make recommendations for their adoption where appropriate
Qualifications and/ or professional memberships
* Professional certification in Enterprise Architecture such as TOGAF
* A bachelor's degree in either computer science or systems development, or relevant experience
* Specialist in at least one and good appreciation of all technical aspects of IT systems (e.g. voice, data and/or control networks, servers, storage, data centre)
* Familiar with the security demands of defence IT systems
* Familiar with Enterprise Architecture methods, techniques and modelling languages
* Able to set requirements and proposed solution into the context of the wider business and CIO arena
* Is able to work under-pressure to get the job done
* Is able to effectively influence people to follow process
* Has the ability to manage a task through to its successful completion.
* Proactively solves problems encountered
* Ability to effectively prioritise, understanding impact and risks.
* Reacts to planning changes in a prompt and efficient manner.
* Has the ability to promote the IT Services organisation
* Held position of Enterprise Architect, or Technical Architect within large (e.g. more than 1,000 staff) organisation
* Development of Multi-Site architectures in a secure environment
* Creation of conceptual models to assist in understanding and solving problems
* Analysis of concepts at multiple levels of abstraction, retaining the 'big picture'; but attending to detail where required
* Has experience of making informed technical judgements and decisions relevant to this role
* Familiar with industry best-practice approaches to the design, implementation, operation and management of IT systems (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, ITIL, COBIT)
* Awareness of commercial and IT systems procurement practice
* An understanding of good Information Management
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of security clearance necessary for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.