Sitec has a requirement for 2 Document Controllers for our client based in Portsmouth. This is a contract role initially for 6 months. The max rate of pay is up to £18.00 p/hr LTD Company
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
We are currently looking for a experienced Document Controllers to join our Portsmouth Telecoms Configuration and Documentation team.
The Document Controllers will be responsible for processing and releasing the payload documentation in line with company processes. The Document Controller will ensure consistency of the document and will follow the document life cycle to ensure it is released on time and on quality. The Document Controller will liaise with various internal teams to provide support. The Document Controller will drive for results and will constantly focus on quality and deadlines.
The Document Controller will be involved in all Telecommunication live projects as well as R&D projects and equipment documentation. The successful candidate will be able to work under high pressure, to manage a high volume of documentation and to work with various tools (PLM, SharePoint).
Reporting to: Head of Telecoms Technical Data Management
* Manage payload and equipment documentation life cycle. This includes the following tasks: upload of the document in PLM tool, manage review and approval as well as potential document update, ensure correct approval and export rating, release of the document
* Manage document security classification in line with company regulations
* Manage RFD/RFW life cyle
* Manage change requests and change notes
* Act as the focal point for documentation control within Telecom PTH department.
* Manage external supplier datapacks to ensure they are correctly reviewed on time for major project reviews.
* Internal Data pack creation, configuration and release
* Document change management
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Strong experience in Technical Documentation Control
* Experience in Document change control
* Excellent IT skills, with experience of PLM tool and sharepoint. Experience in Windchill will be an advantage
* Basic understanding of export control and security classification
* Ability to meet deadlines under stressful environment
* Ability to manage high number of documents
* Ability to face challenging deadlines and demanding customers
* Good organisation skills are mandatory
* S/C clearance would be an advantage, but is not essential
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.