Sitec are looking to recruit an Oil & Gas biased Document Controller for our client who are a leading UK construction and regeneration company. The role is an estimated 12 month + contract and are based near Reading. The role is a 40 hour week and paying competitively up to £22.50 per hour on a Ltd / Umbrella basis. PAYE also available up to £17.45 per hour.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and must hold a British Passport and UK residency for the past 10 years or more to qualify.
Reports to Senior Document Controller
Core Role Purpose
To operate document control processes and procedures that have been implemented
and to ensure the control of all project documents, including creation, retention, and
revision control is compliant and effective.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
* Provide support to the Senior Document Controller
* Ability to produce reports about the various document control inboxes.
* Operate the document control process appropriate for each category and classification of document/ drawing to ensure effective creation, control, management, recovery and change revision control.
* Carry out routine document control activities for the company, including document release and publishing, query handling, management of transmittals, copying, scanning and library management. All in line with the Document Distribution Matrix (DDM)
* Provide support with regard to document numbering, the application of metadata, and ability to work with Document Management Systems (DMS) and on the document control procedures to be followed.
* Maintenance and checking for accuracy of existing document records.
* Support to departments in the issue receipt and tracking of all documentation both electronically and in hardcopy where applicable.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* Experience as a Document Controller in the Oil & Gas industry is essential
* Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of document control experience
* Technical knowledge of Document Management Systems (DMS).
* Understanding of workflow for all file types.
* Understanding of British Standards, legislation, license condition requirements.
* Understanding of government legislation in relation to data protection and copyright law
* Understanding of handover process.
* Understanding of contract arrangements for the project and the deliverables associated with them.
* Understanding of security classifications.
* Able to manipulate date and expedite where necessary.
* Understanding of audit requirements and compliance.
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels
* Ability to demonstrate document control processes and procedures on a project during different phases of the project lifecycle.
* Experienced user of MS office computer applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
* Experience in the Nuclear or Oil & Gas industry desirable
Qualifications and/or Professional Memberships or Equivalent
* Educated to HNC level standard or equivalent or, appropriate qualifications in information management / document control or knowledge and experience.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.