Sitec are looking to recruit a Document Controller for our client who are a leading UK construction and regeneration company. The role is an estimated 6 -12 month contract and is based on a Nuclear site near Reading. The hours are 40 per week and paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared to top secret level prior to appointment.
About the Role
To operate document control processes and procedures that have been implemented and to ensure the control of all project documents, including creation, retention, and revision control is compliant and effective.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide support to the Lead Doc Controller
- Ability to produce reports about the various document control inboxes.
- Operate the document control process appropriate for each category and classification of document/drawing to ensure effective creation, control, management, recovery and change revision control.
- Carry out routine document control activities for the company, including document release and publishing, query handling, management of transmittals, copying, scanning and library management.
- Provide support with regard to document numbering, the application of metadata, and ability to work with EDMS and on the document control procedures to be followed.
- Maintenance and checking for accuracy of existing document records.
- Support to departments in the issue receipt and tracking of all documentation both electronically and in hardcopy where applicable.
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of document control experience
- Educated to GCSE level standard or equivalent or, appropriate qualifications in information management / document control or knowledge and experience.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.