Sitec currently have an opportunity for a Digital Electronics Engineer to join our client based in Stevenage, this is a contract position for an initial 6 months with extension likely. The pay rate for this role is £50 p/hr ltd.
A Responsible Engineer is the technical design authority for all areas of the equipment hardware design. This equipment includes digital processor and cryptographic equipment destined for Telecom and military payloads on various satellite platforms.
This role is for a Hardware responsible engineer for flight equipment. The role entails hardware aspects of requirements management, detailed design and interface specification, test specification, reports and design analyses.
Able to interpret circuit board designs accommodating multiple FPGA / ASICs and high speed ADCs / DACs.
Support to manufacture and test - may require travel to Airbus in Portsmouth.
Interface with many experts in other departments (e.g. radiation, EMC).
Customer interface on technical issues.
Generate, oversee and configure technical documentation.
Typical tasks, activities, responsibilities -
- Coordination of all technical elements of the project, working with and overseeing the work of design engineers in the same functional team
- Produce digital electronic board specifications, from product or architecture requirements
- Define interfaces and digital parameters.
- Consider switching speeds, pulses, rise and fall times, feedback and interference, impedance of devices, signal transmission
- Define performance criteria and define how to prove validation and verification of performance with test strategy.
- Produce and review circuit diagrams, iterating design where necessary due to circuit analysis outputs and PCB layout constraints.
- Produce and review detailed design analysis e.g. WCA, PSA, FMECA/FMEA
- Work closely with other engineering teams to support detailed design in CAD/CAM or VHDL implementation on component/ equipment/ mechanical/VHDL level in accordance with engineering design rules.
- Interface with internal support functions e.g. radiation, thermal and mechanical design, EMC, parts procurement
- Lead technical interface to external customer and suppliers
- Provide progress updates to technical and project managers, provide inputs for scheduling and costing
- Lead engineering investigations, troubleshooting and problem resolution activity
Lifecycle experience of digital equipments - design / manufacture / test, including customer interfacing.
Sector experience of aerospace, automotive or military production over five years
Hardware used - debug and test validation of designs
Software used - schematic capture, layout and simulation tools (e.g. Mentor Expedition)
Standards/accreditations/methodologies - ESA/ECSS and MIL Standards
Experience of team leadership, mentoring junior design engineers
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.