Development Technician - Electrical / Electronics -- 7060083Â -- 12 months -- Pay rate £18.00 to £20.00 p/hr (LTD Company (dependent on exp.)
Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Development Technician - Electrical / Electronics for our client Perkins Engines, at their facility in Peterborough. This is a contract role, for an estimated 12 months initially.
The European Division of Advanced Components & Technologies (AC&T) designs and develops electrical and electronic control systems for Caterpillar engine and machine prime products developed and produced in Europe.
The Engine Systems Team is part of the (AC&T) European division and is responsible for development and implementation of electrical and electronic control systems for diesel engines developed by Caterpillar in the UK.
The successful applicant for this position will join the Team and be responsible for planning, design, manufacture and commissioning of electrical and electronic test benches and equipment to support the development of machine and engine control systems.Â
- Liaising with engineers, plan and create an optimised design to meet the test capability requirement.
- Source parts, components and materials, ensuring availability prior to commencing build.
- Manufacture and build test capability to design and within agreed timescales.
- Commission test capability to ensure full operation
- Assist engineers with any fault finding, repairs, modifications or upgrades to existing test benches and equipment.
- Either technical apprentice qualified with electrical/electronic bias or equivalent extensive industry experience.
- Electrical/electronic workshop experience including good soldering and crimping skills
- Electrical and electronic system testing, commissioning, fault finding and repair.
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics and translate into designs
- Very good teaming and communication skills
- Good initiative, self-starter with capacity for continuous learning.
- Ability to build strong working relations
- Provide focus on the customer and their needs
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize and deliver to commitments
- Demonstrated performance to very high work standards
- Previous electrical / electronic test system experience
- Electrical and/or electronic technician background in automotive or control system sectors
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.