Sitec have an interesting and urgent requirement for a Development Engineer - Test / Validation at Perkins Engines in Peterborough. This is a contract role with an estimated duration of 12 Months.
Candidates will serve as an experienced, individual contributor for
engine development and validation projects. Specific assignments are complex in nature and support the development of Perkins diesel engine products.
* This position is part of a team of engineers responsible for the development and validation of Perkins diesel engine products. The engines are used in machine, industrial and electric power applications. The main responsibilities include engine verification and validation testing.
* This position will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating engine development work, including pre-test planning, engine and facility readiness, orchestration of the testing activity, reviewing test data to ensure quality, data analysis, drawing conclusions and communicating recommendations to our business partners.
* Incumbent will be responsible for project management & execution of the verification & validation testing in the Europe Research & Development Centre (ERDC), working on the 4.4L and 7.1L engine platforms, to ensure customer expectations (quality & timing) are met. The role may also involve troubleshooting product issues identified in production test, verification and validation testing, field testing and customer raised concerns.
* Requires an accredited engineering degree or equivalent product development experience and excellent project management skills.
* Incumbents must have gained 4 to 7 years of experience in engine development.
* Must have strong technical skills and ability to communicate technical information effectively.
* Specific experience with the development of electronically controlled engines and/or aftertreatment systems is highly desired.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.