Sitec has a requirement for a Development Engineer - Component Engineering - for our client Perkins Engines. This is a temporary role for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Peterborough.
A role has become available in the Component Solutions Team. This team forms part of Component Engineering assisting in the delivery of component and system development and validation in support of NPI programmes, cost reduction & quality improvements.
A number of engine platform improvement programmes are underway in readiness for Stage-5 emissions regulations. These platform refresh programmes enable us to increase customer value in tailoring options, reducing fuel usage, offering more power combined with increased reliability and durability. The team are also responsible for upgrading existing products in line with RoHS - Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive
Assisting in the development of components and validation on components to be compliant with the incoming RoHS legislation. Delivery of quality improvements, cost reduction projects and the development and delivery of new customer options
Development of components will include assessment of both mechanical and performance attributes as well as:
* considering components life and cost factors
* working with internal partners and suppliers
* communication of results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
* contribute to the design of new products and processes such as creation and maintenance of FMEA documents and a DVP&R
* review of supplier suggested validation plans
* collaborate with and support other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, customers, and suppliers
We are looking for candidates that have customer focus, good problem-solving and analysis skills, high work standards with good planning and organisational skills.
Candidates should have experience in performing several (not all) of the following;
* Working with suppliers to develop solutions
* Working knowledge of APQP
* Conducting FMEAs on components and systems to identify risks and determine action
* Keeping peers, team leader and management up to date with progress against planned activities including report outs
* Knowledge of drawing release processes to support the release of parts onto BOMs and engine lists in preparation for volume production.
* Support field and production issue, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions. Work with suppliers and keep stakeholder informed of progress and decisions
Candidates will be considered that can demonstrate a knowledge of IC engines or similar systems and be able to plan and execute challenging tasks/projects with moderate supervision
Gaps in knowledge will be bridged with a tailored training program
* Physics, Material Science, Computer Science and Maths background
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.