Sitec has a requirement for a Development Engineer for our client Perkins Engines. This is a temporary role for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Stafford.
ROLE PURPOSE AND OVERVIEW:
Perkins Engines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is recognised as a leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. OEM Manufacturers and users on every continent have, for generations, trusted Perkins Engines to power their world.
Based within the Product Engineering Development department at the Stafford facility, this vacancy is initially a 12 month contract. The successful applicant will be responsible for planning and delivering engineering activity as part of the 4000 Series diesel product development strategy.
The successful applicants must be flexible as the role involves working on a wide variety of projects within a small multi skilled team.
* Large diesel engine performance and emissions calibration
* Mechanical verification and validation of engine components and systems
* Defining and managing component validation plans
* Coordination of day-to-day engineering activity and management of test and analysis activity
* Failure analysis and defect resolution using industry-standard methods
* Technical reporting
* Conducting all work to Perkins operating procedures and local work methods in order to meet compliance with quality standards.
* Support to the design function is required through FMEA attendance and component APQP reviews.
* The role will require collaboration with all platform teams based at the Stafford facility.
* Working closely with global Caterpillar facilities.
* Occasional overseas travel may be necessary as required by business needs
* Data analysis and reporting
* Focus on Quality
* Decision Making
* Initiating Action
* Project Leadership
* Excellent Communication at all levels
* Planning and organising.
* Effective Teamwork
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Engineering Degree or other equivalent qualification/experience
* PC literacy, excellent use of all MS Office components
* Experienced in analysing complex engine test data
* High standard of written technical reporting
* Diesel engine validation experience with producing Design Validation Plans and Reports
* Working knowledge of heavy duty industrial diesel engines such as cooling systems, lubrication, turbocharging etc…
* Knowledge of Perkins Products and processes
* Diesel engine P & E with fuel and control systems development experience
* Planning, conducting and reporting on engine based noise and vibration testing.
* Knowledge of emissions measurement techniques, worldwide emission regulations and emissions measurement hardware.
* Knowledge of turbocharger matching, fuel system optimisation and control system development
* Proficiency in Microsoft Project
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.