Sitec has a requirement for a Development Engineer for our client Perkins Engines. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Peterborough.
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been building the world's infrastructure and, in partnership with our network of Cat® dealers worldwide, has helped drive positive and sustainable change on every continent. We are a global company, with hundreds of locations worldwide to serve and support our customer base, and respond quickly to their needs.
Perkins Engines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is recognised as a leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. OEM Manufacturers and users on every continent have, for generations, trusted Perkins Engines to power their world.
An opening has become available for a diesel engine development engineer to join the Product Development team in the team working on our 2.8 to 7.1 range of engines. This is an exciting opportunity to carry out engine validation work that will make significant contributions to the NPI programs for these engines.
This position is part of a team of engineers responsible for the mechanical validation of Caterpillar diesel engine products. The engines are used in machine, industrial and electric power applications. You will also be responsible for participating in, and where appropriate leading, prompt and robust RCCA identification and implementation when issues arise.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER:
Key areas of responsibility encountered in this role may include any or all of the following:
* Create detailed test planning, execution of testing activities, analysis of results, and documentation with clear recommendations for the relevant process partners.
* Carry out complex engine validation tests
* Evaluate products and processes; perform needs analysis and initiate ideas
* Keep up to date on new technologies or develop new technologies
* Communicate technical information to a range of stakeholders
* Support and advise other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, dealers, customers, and suppliers; and develop and maintain keen understanding of internal and external customers' need
* Engineering degree
* Proven analytical skills.
* Previous experience in engine development and mechanical validation for CI or SI engines.
* Technical mindset and ability to communicate technical information effectively.
* Ability to collaborate and communicate to a range of stakeholders including internal process partners, customers and suppliers
Up to £34.00 p/hr LTD Company
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.