Sitec has a requirement for a Development Engineer for our client Perkins Engines. This is a contract role for an initial 12 months and the role will be located in Peterborough.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
An opportunity for a Development Engineer has become available in the Aftertreatment Component Engineering team within engineering. The Aftertreatment team design, release and validate the Aftertreatment components and systems needed to ensure our engines meet ever more demanding emissions requirements.
The Development Engineer role is particularly important as we progress though the validation of our major NPI projects. The role ensures that components and systems are tested and validated so that we can deliver robust and durable products to our customers.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Creation of test / validation plans for Aftertreatment components and systems
- Analysis of relevant data from field machines or from within GED
- Investigating, understanding and fixing issues found during testing and validation (NPI issues)
- Working collaboratively with designers and the GED team to look for technical solutions
- Supporting creation of design FMEAs and ongoing maintenance
- Building solid relationships with key Aftertreatment suppliers
- Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
- Contribute to the design of new products and processes
- Bachelor's degree in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum plus relevant engineering experience
- Time-served apprentice with an Engineering or Materials Science
- HNC/HND qualification with previous relevant engineering experience.
OTHER AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.