Sitec has a requirement for a Development Engineer working for our client, Perkins Engines.
The role will involve working in our clients Aftertreatment Component Engineering team within engineering.
This is a contract role for an initial 12 months.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
An opportunity for a Development Engineer has become available in the Aftertreatment Component Engineering team within engineering. The Aftertreatment team design, release and validate the Aftertreatment components and systems needed to ensure our engines meet ever more demanding emissions requirements.
The Development Engineer role is particularly important as we progress though the validation of our major NPI projects. The role ensures that components and systems are tested and validated so that we can deliver robust and durable products to our customers.
Responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of new and existing products and components. Exercises independent judgment with minimal from supervisor
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Creation of test / validation plans for Aftertreatment components and systems
* Analysis of relevant data from field machines or from within GED
* Investigating, understanding and fixing issues found during testing and validation (NPI issues)
* Working collaboratively with designers and the GED team to look for technical solutions
* Supporting creation of design FMEAs and ongoing maintenance
* Building solid relationships with key Aftertreatment suppliers
* Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
* Contribute to the design of new products and processes
Qualifications - Internal Required Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum plus relevant engineering experience
Time-served apprentice with an Engineering or Materials Science HNC/HND qualification with previous relevant engineering experience.
* Excellent analytical skills
* Ability to communicate effectively
* Previous design experience required.
Skills and Competencies:
* Verbal and written communication skills and analytical skills.
* Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
* Ability to perform details calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction and installation standards and specifications.
* Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
* Previous experience with computer applications and design software related to engineering field.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.