Sitec has an interesting opportunity for a Development and Test Technician for our client based in Peterborough. This is a contract position for an estimated 12 months and the rate of pay is negotiable, with potential pay rates from £16.50-£18.50 p/hr Ltd (dependent on experience)
The Development and Test Technician will assist engineers in conducting technical investigations of current and future product, working predominantly with engine components or systems to validate for performance and durability. Investigations and tests will be both in a laboratory and field environment.
With guidance from engineers on evaluation objectives, procedures will be defined to achieve those
objectives, the incumbent undertakes instructions necessary to complete evaluations.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
* Operates test equipment and conducts investigation as directed by engineer to obtain, analyse and summarise data.
* Records evaluation results in appropriate form (curves, charts, tables, sketches, photographs) with the appropriate tools (hardcopy, software, etc.) to engineer for inclusion in technical reports.
* Depending on experience and demonstrated skills, may handle limited objective, moderately complex jobs without engineer's guidance.
* Technicians will be expected to have direct contact with components working in the lab and with test rigs; observing, operating and testing the product or component, together with recording of various test data measurement points.
* A practical mechanical engineering background, ideally apprentice trained, is preferred.
* Preferred but not essential attribute would be to have experience of laying strain gauges, soldering of electronic components, instrumentation set up of hardware, software and basic data capture.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.