Sitec has a requirement for a Despatch Planner for our client based in Peterborough. This is a contract position for an estimated 6 months.
ROLE PURPOSE AND OVERVIEW:
Perkins Engines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is recognised as a leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. OEM Manufacturers and users on every continent have, for generations, trusted Perkins Engines to power their world.
The Despatch Planning Team resides within the PEC Supply Chain Team and is responsible for arranging the collection and despatch of all customer engine and parts orders. The team operates in a fast paced environment and interacts with a number of areas across the IPSD business in order to ensure we meet the customers committed ship dates.
This position will focus on the timely management of transport arrangements for all customer orders despatched from the PEC & PSEL facilities, via various modes of transportation.
The role will be mainly responsible for the adherence to customer shipping terms (Incoterms), payment terms, measurement of our committed Ship date performance and management of finished goods stock.
* Manage Logistics and system management for despatch from Peterborough warehouse and off site facilities.
* Verify despatch requirements by customer on a daily basis and ensure sales orders are aligned to best practice for optimising loads.
* Checking engine availability, reskid requirements etc
* Maintenance and booking of timeslots within Transwide web system.
* Generation of load booking reference within the ECI database.
* Maintaining a good working relationship with MPS and Account Coordinator Teams.
* Communication with all areas of MPS to ensure 'finished' engines are available in time for their required committed ship date
* Communication with hauliers for arranging collections.
* Maintain professional interface between Orders Management and despatch team.
* Constant and consistent communication with the Account Coordinator Teams to ensure all customer committed ship dates (CSD) are adhered to.
* Recording of CSD (Committed Ship Date) performance
* Production of load sheet for all collections
* Verification of Letter Of Credits to ensure shipping method is adhered to.
* Calculation of container and trailer utilisation.
* Full understanding and adherence to the Dangerous Goods by Air regulations.
* Adherence to Customer Incoterms.
* Haulier invoice approval
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Experience in data processing position.
* Consistent focus on accuracy whilst maintaining required velocity.
* Intermediate Excel spreadsheet experience and the ability manipulate data.
* Hyper-organised, able to maintain process discipline at all times
* Good communication skills
* Advanced Excel knowledge
* Knowledge and experience of working with ERP / MRP systems.
* Knowledge of Inco terms / International despatch & haulage processes
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.