Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Despatch Planner for our client Perkins Engines, at their site in Peterborough. This is a contract role, for an estimated 6 months initially.
The Despatch Planning Team resides within the PEC Supply Chain Team and is responsible for arranging the collection and despatch of all customer engine and parts orders. The team operates in a fast paced environment and interacts with a number of areas across the Industrial Power Systems Division (IPSD) business in order to ensure we meet the customers committed ship dates.
This position will focus on the timely management of transport arrangements for all customer orders despatched from the PEC & PSEL facilities, via various modes of transportation. The role will be mainly responsible for the adherence to customer shipping terms (Incoterms), payment terms, measurement of our committed Ship date performance and management of finished goods stock.
* Manage Logistics and system management for despatch from Peterborough warehouse and off site facilities
* Verify despatch requirements by customer on a daily basis and ensure sales orders are aligned to best practice for optimising loads
* Checking engine availability, reskid requirements etc
* Maintenance and booking of timeslots within Transwide web system
* Generation of load booking reference within the ECI database
* Maintaining a good working relationship with MPS and Account Coordinator Teams
* Communication with all areas of MPS to ensure 'finished' engines are available in time for their required committed ship date
* Communication with hauliers for arranging collections
* Maintain professional interface between Orders Management and despatch team
* Constant and consistent communication with the Account Coordinator Teams to ensure all customer committed ship dates (CSD) are adhered to
* Recording of CSD (Committed Ship Date) performance
* Production of load sheet for all collections
* Verification of Letter Of Credits to ensure shipping method is adhered to
* Calculation of container and trailer utilisation
* Full understanding and adherence to the Dangerous Goods by Air regulations
* Adherence to Customer Incoterms
* Haulier invoice approval
* Previous experience in a data processing role
* Must be confident to work quickly in a fast paced environment
* Excellent attention to detail
* Intermediate Excel spreadsheet experience and the ability manipulate data
* Advanced Excel knowledge
* Working knowledge of international trade
* Knowledge of MRP/ERP system
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.