Sitec currently have a requirement for a Design Quality Engineer to join our client based in Bristol. This is a contract role for an initial 8 months and has a pay rate of £25p/hr Ltd.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB OF Design Quality Engineer
The successful applicant will be working within the Quality Engineering Airframe Wing organization, primarily in the Development perimeter (QESWD) for Quality Performance activities, and will report to the Head of Quality Engineering Wing New Development. You will be interfacing with Engineering teams and suppliers around different locations in Europe, America and Asia.
TASKS of Design Quality Engineer
The Quality Engineering Wing team is accountable for the deployment of the Airbus Quality Strategy within the Engineering Wing organizations in its perimeter. This strategy is deployed via the implementation of 'Quality Improvement Plans' in order to support the achievement of the Engineering Wing quality targets.
In accordance with the Airbus Quality Improvement Plans established in the Engineering Wing perimeter the successful applicant will be responsible, primarily in the Development perimeter (QESWD) for Quality Performance activities, for:
- Support the definition of a set of measurable criteria for the quality of the relevant engineering deliverables
- Identify risks and issues related with the quality of the engineering deliverables
- Facilitate and support root cause analysis & practical problem solving activities
- Establish and drive corrective and preventive action plans in order to support the improvement of engineering performance and its associated
- Facilitate and support the identification of product modes of
- Drive standardised mitigation plans in order to prevent/mitigate risk linked to the product and its related processes
- Support the deployment of Quality standards and apply them within the Engineering organization
- Drive and manage improvement projects in order to support the achievement of the Engineering Wing quality targets
- Capture lessons learned in order to improve organisation efficiency and product maturity
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Relevant Quality and/or Engineering Experience
- Project Management knowledge.
- Have exceptional communication and English skills, both verbal and
- Have excellent IT skills as appropriate to the role (Microsoft Office)
- Be able to demonstrate appropriate people skills and associated behaviours when interacting with all levels of the management structure.
- The ability to learn quickly, and a positive and enthusiastic attitude towards the workload are essential
- Experience in a Design or Manufacturing Engineering Environment would be
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.