Sitec are looking for a Design Quality Engineer for our client in Broughton, Chester. This is a contract position for an estimated 12 months.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
A vacancy has arisen for a Design Quality Engineer and Project Manager to be based at our clients Broughton site (Nr Chester).
The successful applicant will be working within the Serial Wing Perimeter (QESWS) and will report to the Head of Quality Engineering, Serial Wing, Long Range and Single Aisle. You will be interfacing primarily with the Plant Engineering Teams and their suppliers.
The Design Quality Team is accountable for the deployment of the Quality Strategy within the Plant Engineering environment. This strategy is being deployed via the implementation of a business wide 'Quality Improvement Plan'.
In accordance with our clients Quality Improvement Plan the successful applicant will be responsible for:
* Integration of Quality throughout the Aircraft Design Review process.
* Definition and deployment of the Quality element of the Visual Management System (VMS) into the Engineering Teams.
* Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities into the Engineering Teams
* Manage Wing Design suppliers through regular Supplier Quality reviews to ensure continuous improvement within suppliers.
* Assist Design Engineering teams as the Design Quality Engineer focal point for current and future Aircraft development projects.
* Assist the Engineering Teams in managing and evolving the Quality metrics within the corporate visual management system (SQCDP).
* Deployment of Plant Engineering Quality Management Plan into the Engineering Teams.
* Integrate the Quality standard methodologies into the Engineering Teams through regular maturity assessments and follow on sessions.
* Deployment of the practical problem solving (PPS) methodology.
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
* An Engineering Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
* Practical Project Management experience.
* Demonstrable ability to manage a transnational project.
* Have exceptional communication and English skills, both verbal and written.
* Have excellent IT skills as appropriate to the role (MS Project, MS Word etc.).
* Be able to demonstrate appropriate people skills and associated behaviours when interacting with all levels of the management structure.
* Ability to foster engagement of project team.
* Intelligence, the ability to learn quickly, and a positive and enthusiastic attitude towards the workload are essential requirements.
* Experience in an Aircraft or related industry within a Design or Manufacturing Engineering Environment would be beneficial.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.