Sitec have a requirement for a 'Design Support Engineer' in the Landing Gear area, on-site at an Aerospace client in Filton, Bristol. We are seeking for somebody that can 'think operationally' and be able to pull everything together and project-manage. This is a contract position with a duration of 4 months.
Job title :
Design Organisation Assurance (DOA) Support (within Engineering Landing Gear (EL))
Description of the job:
Within Engineering Landing Gear (EL), the job holder will support the 'DOA Specialist' with the development of DOA surveillance methods and processes and managing Design Assurance throughout EL and its suppliers. The department is responsible for the development and management of Technical policies and strategy across EL.
Main activities & Responsibilities:
* Support the development of overall Engineering Landing Gear DOA management activity.
* Develop robust methods and means for undertaking value added technical surveillance within EL for define technical deliverables.
* Manage the capture and update any DOA lessons learned from ongoing surveillance. The lessons shall be captured in EL's knowledge management tools
* Assist in production and management of the EL DOA Score Card
* Develop a process for capture and management of EL DOA issues. This activity would also require the generation of a database for controlling the status of each issue
* Plan, organize and prepare regular EL DOA management meetings
* Preparation of Meeting Minutes and coordination / management of resulting actions following meetings ensuring momentum is maintained between meetings.
* Assist in the continuous improvement of the DOA operational meetings ensuring their effectiveness.
* Complete ad-hoc tasks as required for the team within EL to assist in the efficient and effective delivery of key processes, methods and operation.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
* Project Management experience including Stakeholder Management skills
* Excellent Organizational and interpersonal skills
* Instructional design for the development of new learning / training material
* Experience of continuous improvement, collaborative working, networking and influencing.
Software Skills required:
Ø Intermediate MS Excel and Power-point - (advanced not required)
Ø Experience of working within an engineering 'Centre of Competence' is a distinct advantage
Ø Role will require networking within the teams
Ø Candidate will need excellent organizational skills
Ø Candidate will need excellent interpersonal skills - due to having to work with senior stakeholders - all with very different personalities.
Ø Quality Auditing experience is very advantageous
Candidates should have a background that will allow UK Baseline Security clearance to be obtained.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.