Sitec are currently looking to recruit two Design Engineers (Mechanical biased) for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The posts are an estimated 8 month contracts and paying competitively on a Ltd, Umbrella or PAYE basis for a 40 hour week.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared to top secret level prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Dual nationals may be considered for certain roles.
The Design Engineers shall support development of PRS shortfall closure justifications, undertaking Mechanical Services designs in accordance with client and regulatory design guides and standards. The Design Engineers shall work amongst a multi-discipline Engineering team under the direction of the Principal Engineering Manager.
Roles / Responsibilities:
Production of Engineering justification / shortfall closure statements:
* Review Design Assessment Reports (DAR) to establish shortfall context
* Undertake plant walk-down to identify Specific Safety Component(s) (SSC) and shortfall
* Establish SSC requirement with input from Assurance and Environmental, Safety and Health (ESH)
* Provide further technical assessment of SSC to justify confidence of extant system function
* Create evidence pack detailing Engineering justification supporting extant SSC suitability to close out shortfall
* Liaise with Facility stakeholders to present shortfall and discuss SSC modification proposals
* Produce suitable Engineering design solution
* Produce Engineering design substantiation (analysis, calculations, evidence statements)
* Issue SSC design solution for stakeholder review
* Provide responses to reviewer comments, close-out comments and update design documents
* Extensive knowledge of legislation and standards applicable to engineering design - essential
* Working within multi-discipline groups producing designs across the life of an asset - desirable
* Extensive knowledge of legislation and standards associated with nuclear and high hazard facilities - desirable
* Working in a highly regulated environment
* ONC / OND or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline - essential
* Accredited Honours degree from a recognised university - desirable
* Professional membership of an engineering institution at IEng level - desirable
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.