Sitec has a requirement for a Design Engineering Specialist for our client based in Peterborough.
Our client - Perkins Engines - have a requirement for an Engineering Specialist to execute and communicate the concept and design of complex engineering projects for prototype and release to production in a manner to ensure products provide superior performance, durability, quality and serviceability.
This is a contract position for an estimated 12 months. The max rate of pay will be between £30-40 p/hr LTD Company, and is dependent on experience.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The successful applicant will hold a key role within the L5 Mechanical Systems team, having responsibility to lead engine installation design into off-highway machines with associated machine architectural changes, in support of Perkins' business acquisition with strategic OEMs.
Working in a multi-discipline team and supporting the Customer Machine Engineering team programme manager, the successful applicant will combine diesel engine and aftertreatment knowledge with their understanding of off-highway machines, their power trains and systems to initiate and develop optimal engine~machine installation concepts & designs.
* Lead and create engine-in-machine packaging feasibility studies, exploring integration ideas and summarising alternative concepts.
* Implementing selected concept(s) through design, in accordance with prevailing design guides and standards evolving from prototype design to production level as development progresses.
* Present & discuss technical proposals both internally and with OEM customers, informally and in structured design review meetings
* Self-management of assigned tasks to agreed customer critical requirements, delivering high quality work to documented or novel processes within agreed timescales
* Profiling new engine options
* Minimise option proliferation and optimise for modularity & compatibility
* Prepare material for analysis and transfer to OEM customers.
* Managing positive BOM for machine builds
* Close liaison with internal and OEM Project teams
* Champion customer engagement and support
* Evaluate and promote new products and processes
* Contribute in component, sub-system and system FMEAs
* Delivering to committed deadlines
* Technical understanding of off-highway machines & their power trains
* Engineering hand calculations & an understanding of analysis led design
* CREO knowledge
* Appreciation of other CAD systems & translation/transfer
* Professional communication of technical information with team, customers and suppliers.
* Original thinker with a positive 'can-do' attitude
* Occasional travel
* Requires a bachelor's or master degree in an accredited Engineering subject or significant engineering experience.
* Incumbents must have industrial experience in design of vehicle/machine systems or diesel engine integration. Requires a self-starter with strong technical leadership skills with the ability to lead by influence.
* Ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively with others in the work group, as well as employees in other business units, customers, and suppliers where English may not be the first language.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.