Sitec has an exciting opportunity for an Design Engineer - Drivetrain for our client Caterpillar, at their site in Wolverhampton. This is a contract role, for an estimated 12 months initially. The maximum rate on offer is up to £29.00 p/hr LTD Company.
The Drive Train Systems team has engineering responsibility for all small drivetrain components with a focus on transmissions. To support the need to improve our responsiveness to OEM customers, engage in new cost reduction projects, develop robust solutions to current product design issues, and develop drive-train solutions for the future we require an experienced drive train engineer.
Responsibilities of the Design Engineer - Drivetrain:
This role will play a key part in either; the design, development, integration and validation of transmission design solutions (new or existing), or addressing known field issues and supporting production line quality and velocity, or supporting the generation of cost reduction ideas through design studies. Reporting directly to the engineering supervisor the individual will be required to manage the resolution of multiple issues. Technical design, development and test experience is required, and transmissions and/or drive-train component and system design is preferred along with some project management or experience. The successful candidate will be expected to work within a team of engineers providing technical expertise. The role will include release and implementation of drawings through the appropriate engineering systems. Pro/Engineer (Creo) experience is required in addition to 3-5 years of drive-train or driveline systems (rotating components) design and development experience.
* Mechanical Engineering Degree or comparable expertise through experience.
* Pro Engineering competence.
* Experience of driveline/engine development, design, installation, test and validation.
* Ability to self-direct but also work effectively in a diverse team environment.
* Ability to manage multiple complex projects.
* Proven mechanical engineering competence, either in the field of root cause analysis or component/system level validation.
* Off-highway machine experience.
* Knowledge of the engineering to release processes.
* Certified 6Sigma Green Belt.
* New product introduction knowledge.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.