Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer for our client Caterpillar in Shrewsbury. This is a permanent role, working within the Automotive industry.
Overview of job conditions / package:-
Salary Range: £37,700 to £45,000 (Depending on Experience)
Hours: 37.5 Hours per week, start and end time can be flexible
Relocation: Not supported with this role
Travel : up to 10% (UK, Europe and US)
Benefits: 26 Days Annual Leave
10 % Bonus
Child Care Vouchers
Caterpillar Defence Products is part of Global Power Train Solutions having responsibility for configuring, designing and developing engines, transmissions and powerpacks for both wheeled and tracked military vehicles for a global customer base. The products used in these applications range from Caterpillar's commercial range of engines and transmissions to Shrewsbury's own V8 & V12 engines and cross drive transmission.
As a member of the CDP design department you will be part of a small, but highly skilled, engineering team working on specialised multi-platform applications. This is a great opportunity for a design engineer to be involved in the design and development of components and subsystems that will form the future of Caterpillar's military driveline technology.
The incumbent will be primarily involved in the creation of schemes, detail designs and drawings for components and subsystems for both wheeled and tracked driveline applications. Key functions of the role include, but are not limited to:
* Work with Shrewsbury Design Manager, Senior Design Engineers and Product Specialists, to understand design requirements.
* Use the design requirements to develop schemes, detail designs and drawings within Creo CAD modelling software.
* Presenting new designs internally.
* Creating design scheme study reports.
* Supporting FMEAs
* Provide technical support for supplier reviews.
* Provide technical support for customer reviews.
* Work with Design Manager and Senior Design Engineers to develop design and drawing release schedules.
* Work with Shrewsbury NPI project management team to ensure the design milestones of a project are met.
* Provide design support for new product build.
* Work with US engineering teams to help develop Caterpillar's military engine range.
* Supporting Shrewsbury's current military engines and transmissions through the engineering change process.
Required Skills and Experience
* A degree in Mechanical Engineering to a BEng, MEng or equivalent level is desirable.
* Previous experience in a mechanical design engineer role.
* Working knowledge of 3D CAD software. PTC Creo is desirable.
* A background in either engine, transmission or driveline design is desirable.
* Worked as part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
* Good communication skills with the ability to build relationships.
Closing date : This job closes 20/07/2017
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.