Sitec has a requirement for an Cab Design Engineer for our client Caterpillar. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months, and will be based in Desford, Leicestershire.
Working as part of the Cab System team, the successful candidate for this position will be responsible for delivering cab related engineering solutions and support to new product development as well as current production.
As a member of the team, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering cab engineering support to the product groups for use in current production and future machines.
Responsibilities for the candidate include:
* Contributing heavily to current production by supporting manufacturing and by providing design solutions to issue resolution.
* Additionally, the candidate will contribute to every stage of the new product introduction process including; requirements capture, specification, FMEA, design, development testing, validation and certification.
* The candidate will work with project team leaders, supervisors and peers in a variety of areas including engineering, manufacturing, assembly planning, and purchasing, releasing, engineering change control, scheduling and product field service support.
* As part of the role the candidate will be interfacing with both internal and external suppliers as well as the other departments and potential product groups within BCP.
* The role may include minimal travel…primarily between BCP facilities, other CAT facilities and to customer / supplier sites.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.