Sitec has a requirement for a Design Engineer for our client Caterpillar. This is a contract role initially for 6 months and the rate of pay will be between £28-32 p/hr LTD Company (DOE).
There is an opportunity for a contract design position within the engineering team of Caterpillar Shrewsbury Limited.
Caterpillar Defence Products is based at Shrewsbury and is responsible for the marketing, sales, project management and logistic support of Caterpillar and diesel engines and transmissions to military and naval customers outside of North America. The company offers power solutions to the manufacturers and operators of combat and logistic vehicles, naval propulsion systems along with land- and ship-based electrical power generation systems.
Initially, this will be a 6 month contract, with the individual reporting to the engineering manager for design. Work load allocation and direction on a day to day basis will be provided by the lead design engineer for Shrewsbury's transmission product. They will primarily provide production support through the engineering change process.
The engineer would be responsible for providing design engineering support to CSL's current transmission.
The Design Engineer would be responsible for:
* Modelling and drawing creation at a component and sub-assembly level.
* Be responsible for the complete engineering change process i.e. understanding the problem, proposing resolution, ultimately leading to drawing creation and release.
* Liaising closely with suppliers and internal customers to resolve engineering issues/queries.
* Support transmission lead engineer in engineering related issues - quality, purchasing, build.
* Potential to support transmission upgrade programme.
Key Skills and Attributes:
* Demonstrable knowledge of PTC Creo 4.
* Demonstrable detail drawing knowledge including use of GD&T on a wide range of components including complex castings.
* Working knowledge of Caterpillar systems and processes would be an advantage although training will be provided as appropriate.
* Ability to liaise with other functions within CSL facility - Purchase, inspection, operations.
* Ability to present at design reviews to varied audience (not just engineering).
* Experience of transmission and/or engine design would be advantageous.
* Self-manage to achieve project deadlines and timescales.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.