Sitec has a requirement for a Design Engineer working for our client Perkins Engines in Stafford. This is a contract position for an estimated 12 months and the max rate of pay will be between £26-33 p/hr LTD Company.
Large Power Systems Division (LPSD) designs and manufactures diesel, gas and reman engines, ranging from 400 kilowatts to 16 megawatts of power, and the key engine systems such as fuel, air, aftertreatment and cooling which are used to power oil & gas, electric power, marine, rail and Cat machine applications around the world.
In this role, the Design Engineer will have the opportunity to direct and contribute to the design and development of new product concepts and complex engineering projects.
You will design and develop engine components and systems to release to production production in a manner to ensure products provide superior performance, durability, quality, optimised cost and serviceability. You will partner with and provide technical guidance to global teams and suppliers whilst contributing to the planning and delivery of projects.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
* Conceives and provides practical product design applications using complex technical principles
* Prepares concept, design, development, and feasibility studies of complex engineering projects
* Release of product designs into engineering systems to a high quality and defect free standard
* Leads the design, analysis, and simulation elements. Prepares and maintains personal plans and is responsible for meeting scheduled dates
* Acts as the lead designer by interacting with Plant locations and various engineering departments
* Conducts technical evaluations of major systems on competitive products.
* Supports product tests with prove design and prototype build up and test component/system designs
* Provides guidance to other engineers responsible for portions of the project to ensure schedules are met
* Evaluates, defines, and resolves design and manufacturing problems
* Travels to foreign and domestic plants, dealerships, and customer job sites to solve design problems or to field test locations to evaluate a product improvement
* Uses technical expertise and product knowledge to play the leadership role in the problem resolution process when interfacing with Test and Evaluation, Service, Plant personnel, suppliers, and consultants
* Works with manufacturability teams resolving problems with manufacturing and statistical process controls
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE
* Requires a bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum plus 3-5 years' experience or a masters degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science plus 1 to 2 years' experience or a doctorate engineering degree.
* Incumbent must be able to demonstrate the ability to gain a mastery of complex engineering and manufacturability concepts.
* Must have a good mechanical aptitude with ability to develop product concepts.
* Requires strong leadership ability and good communications skills.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.