Sitec has a requirement for a Design Engineer for our client Caterpillar. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Desford, Leicestershire.
The Design Engineer position will suit a candidate who is proficient in ROPS structure, light fabs and non-metallic design.
They will be responsible for delivering a significant portion of the Next Generation cab design, supporting the Tech Lead in delivering the operator station solution for CWL Longbow NPI program. They will be expected to provide intelligently designed, reliable, cost effective operator station structure, non-metallics and components for the future CWL product.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Primarily utilising Creo 2 (Pro/E) and aligned PLM tools, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering cab engineering support to the product group for use in current production and future machine platforms.
* Responsibilities for the candidate include supporting current production by interfacing with assembly operations and working with our manufacturing supply base to provide validated design solutions in resolving known issues.
* The candidate would be expected to contribute to varying stages of the new product development process including; requirements capture, specification, FMEA, design, development testing, validation and certification depending on the individuals skills sets.
* The candidate will work with a project team lead, supervisors and peers in a variety of areas including engineering, manufacturing, assembly planning, purchasing, releasing, engineering change control, scheduling and product field service support.
* As part of the role the candidate will be interfacing with both internal and external suppliers as well as the other departments and prime product groups within BCP.
* The role may include minimal travel…primarily to customer / supplier sites.
* Experience using Creo
* Be able to read structural design drawings
* Be able to collaborate with injection moulding tooling suppliers
* Understand geometric tolerance schemes
* Be familiar with fabrication tooling - Weld fixtures, pressings, forming processes
* Issue tracking and resolution
* Competent in non-metallic design (CAD surfacing skills), familiar with injection moulding, roto-moulding, thermo-forming & blow moulding processes.
* Expected to be competent in mechanism design, ROPS design, light fabrication.
* Be able to hold design reviews with cross functional teams. Operations, purchasing, manufacturing engineers, quality department.
* Be able to run self-managed design projects
* Be familiar with project planning terminology, logic and updates
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.