Sitec has a requirement for a Design Engineer for our client Caterpillar. This is a temporary role for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Peterborough. The hourly rate will be between £28.00 to £34.00 p/hr LTD Company (dependent on experience).
Building Construction Products at Leicester is dedicated to the assembly of small construction machines, typically used on building and construction sites - Backhoe Loaders and Compact Wheel Loaders. Founded in 1952, Leicester was the first venture by Caterpillar, outside the United States.
The Caterpillar Building Construction Products' fabrication facilities at Stockton and Poland uses the latest technology to cut, weld and machine all the major structures for use at its assembly plant at Leicester.
This position is an opportunity for a Design Engineer / Detailer to join the global technical team responsible for the Caterpillar Compact Wheel Loader (CWL) located within the Building Construction Products Division in Desford, UK.
As a Design Engineer you will be responsible for the design of components and assembly's which could include hydraulic lines groups, light fabrications, castings, non-metallic's and a variety of other installations. You will demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and determination to resolve issues while maintaining high quality standards in both design and component detailing, ensuring designs are validated to meet functional and technical requirements. In order to do this you will have a working knowledge of solid modelling (ideally CREO), geometric tolerancing and engineering data management systems.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* CAD Design of components and assembly's in CREO.
* Completion of component and group drawings.
* Participating in Design Reviews, FMEA's
* Management of engineering changes through life cycle management.
* Completing CPPD with suppliers and internal teams.
* Involving other engineers and technical resources to address detailed technical problems.
* Working with design resources and suppliers to rapidly implement design changes.
* Engineering Degree Qualification or HND with experience
* CREO experience
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.